First contact and Christopher Columbus
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the documents in
World History Archives and does not
presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to
release their copyright.
- 1492: A time for jubilation?
- Extracts from a taboid at
ftp.css.itd.umich.edu/nn/1492/essay/. 25 July 1996. The
persecution in the Americas as an extension of the
Catholic Church's campaign against non-Christians in
- Mr. Columbus the Guamikena; A False Day of
- By Chief Peter Guanikeyu Torres, Council Elder, 12
October 1997. Pedro Guanikeyu Torres articulates the
perspective the the Taino people who first encountered the
- ‘Columbus Day’ Protests
- From Workers World, 30 October 1997. Across
Latin America, Indigenous workers and farmers mark
Columbus' day with protests against continued
- ‘.....discovered Columbus in
- From the Taino-L, 14 September 1998. Who discovered
whom, and the importance of remembering Columbus.
- The Papal Bulls as Pertaining to the
- From Tony Castanha. Introduction and reproduction of the
Bull Inter Caetera, 4 May 1493.
- Columbus and the Native Americans
- Los Angeles Unified School District, Haskell by the
Month, October, Columbus Day, n.d. A K-12 learning
resource. [Speaks of the Taino people as
which actually refers to their language.]
- Your heroes are not our heroes: A matter of
perspective, a matter of experience
- By Ramon Rivera, the Jatibonicu Taino Tribal Nation, 19
July 2001. First contact from a Native American