The working-class history of
Boriken (Puerto Rico)
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the
documents in World History Archives and
does not presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to
release their copyright.
The history in general of Boriken (Puerto
- Hotel workers win union recognition in Puerto Rico
- By Rick Nagin, in People's Weekly World, 26 August 1995.
- Ganan elección sindical trabajadores en P.R.
- By Rick Nagin, in People's Weekly World, 26 August 1995. Above
article in Spanish.
- General Strike! Vows Labor in Puerto Rico
- By Lance Cohn, People's Weekly World, 2 September 1995. The
Puerto Rican Committee of Union Organizations (COS) opposes Labor
- Puerto Rican workers reject AFSCME intervention
- Letters of 26 February and 18 March, 1996 re AFL-CIO AFSCME raiding
- Puerto Rican workers: a profile
- By Hector Figueroa, from NACLA Report on the Americas,
November/December, 1996. A short history of Puerto Rican labor.
- Puerto Ricans protest phone sale
- From Weekly News Update on the Americas, 10 August 1997.
State workers protest privatization of phone company.
- Union President and Puerto Rican Privatization Czar
May Hold Talks
- In Weekly News Update on the Americas, week of 14-20 June 1998.
Jose Juan Hernandez, president of the Independent Union of Telephone
Workers (UIET) and Marcos Rodriguez-Ema, president of the Puertro
Rican government's Privatization Committee, discuss how to avoid