History of Nike's impact on labor in Asia as a whole
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the
documents in World History Archives and
does not presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to
release their copyright.
Labor history of Asia in general
- There are further documents related to Nike's abuse of labor found under
the labor history of individual countries.
- Excerpts from Nike Shareholder Transcript and Vietnamese
- From Thuyen, Campagin Against Labor Exploitation in Vietnam, 24
November 1996. Evidence of the abuse of women workers shows we cannot
rely on the ethics and integrity of Nike spin control doctors (English
- Nike: The Young Report: "A public relations
- From ICFTU Online..., 30 June 1997. The sentencing of a
supervisor at a Nike factory in Vietnam to six months in prison
calls into question a report published by a firm of consultants
on behalf of the Nike sports shoe giant which claims its workers
are "well treated."
- Australian Researcher Debunks Young Report
- By Anita Chan, 4 July 1997. An expert on the export shoe factories
in China replies to UN Ambassador Andrew Young's Nike-financed
GoodWorks International report on Nike's operations in Asia, as
it relates to China.