Labor History of Pakistan
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the documents in World
History Archives and does not presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to release their
History of Pakistan in general
- Child labour, in human bondage
- In Pakistan Trade Union Defence Campaign Bulletin, 17 November, 1995. The
Pakistan Trade Union Defence Campaign was initiated by the Punjab Labour Federation after the
murder of its president, Arif Shah, on 19th January 1995. This is a sample article from the first
issue of its bulletin. Includes information on the PTUDC.
- Pakistan to crack down on child labour
- By Farhan Bokhari in Islamabad. 18 July, 1996. Re carpet industry and enforcement efforts.
- Education Foundation, Pakistan
- From Farooq Tariq, Secretary. 1 June, 1997. A trade union-based people's education project.
- Pakistani Carpet Workers on strike
- Appeal from Committee for a Workers' International. 11 June, 1997.
- Bank workers resent layoffs, curbs on union activity
- By Nafisa Hoodbhoy, 7 August 1997.
- The Pakistan government has "suspended" trade unions responsible
for water and power distribution
- By Farooq Tariq, Green Left Weekly, 27 January 1999.
- The Plight of Labor in Pakistan
- By Karamat Ali, Pakistan Institute of Labour Education, 29 June 1999.