The economic history of Ukrayina
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the documents in
World History Archives and does not
presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to
release their copyright.
- Ukraine again signs ‘zero variant,’
but is it the final decision?
- By Victor Tkachuk, Ukrainian Republican Party,
23 January 1995. Issue of liquidation of Soviet assets and
- Official Republic Press Digest
- Press clippings regarding the economy of the Ukraine,
covering 16 January 2001 to 23 January 2001.
- Ukraine economy in deep trouble
- BBC News, Tuesday 25 April 2000. The International Labour
Office has warned that Ukraine faces a deepening economic
crisis. Average monthly income is well below United Nations
poverty levels and firms are operating at less than half
their capacity, with most not able to pay their workers
- Ukraine mine blast kills 36
- BBC News, Monday, 20 August, 2001. The head of the
independent miners' union, Mikhailo Volynets, blamed the
owners of the mines for the disaster. “The safety
regulations are permanently being undermined because the pit
owners only think about maintaining production levels at the
cost of miners' lives,” he said.
- Ukraine may backtrack on economic
- RosBusinessConsulting (Russia), 28 January
2005. Yushchenko's pro-Russian rival Viktor Yanukovich
promised that Ukraine would sign new documents in 2005
breathing new life into the Common Economic Area
project. Yushchenko is not keen on integration with former