History of Melanesia
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the documents in World History Archives and does not presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity or to release their copyright.
Political and general history
- Bougainville: the Chomsky strategy
- By Jim Bateson. Solomon Islands. 3 April, 1995.
- Solomon Islands government clamps down
- From email@example.com, 18 June 1995. Solomon NGOs warned about politicizing the
- Greenpeace Calls on the Solomon Island Government to Withdraw Army
from Russell Islands
- 18 June, 1995. Solomon Island government should heed landowners and halt planned logging
of the Pavuvu Island by Malaysian company.
- Fiji Export Policy Driven By Labor Rights Abuses
- By International Confederation of Free Trade Unions (ICFTU), LaborNews. 24 April, 1997.
- Solomon Islands Logging
- News from Solomon Star. 17 February, 1995.
- Pavuvu logging starts despite wide opposition
- From the Solomon Star, 10 May 1995. Russell Islands and political and environment
groups unable to prevent logging.
- Logging a real pain to East Fataleka people
- From firstname.lastname@example.org, 18 June 1995. Rape of the environment by logging companies.
- Solomon Islands--Forest Crisis Documented by Australian Radio
- From Worldwide Forest/Biodiversity Campaign News. 27 January, 1996. Example
of environmental racism.
- Sea Level Rise A Big Problem For Tuvalu, Prime Minister Says
- From Greenpeace Pacific. 22 July, 1997. Importance of global warming for low-lying islands.
Tuvalu formerly known as Ellice Islands.
Telecommunications and media
- Pirate Radio Struggles during Bougainville War
- International Freedom of Expression eXchange Clearing House. IFEX Communique
#4 - 20 (15 May, 1995)