The history of the Taino Peoples
of Bimini (Florida)
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the documents in
World History Archives and does not
presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to release
The history of the Timucua of Northern Bimini (Taino Florida)
The history of the Calusa of Southwestern Bimini (Taino Florida)
The history of the Tekesta of Southern Bimini (Taino Florida)
- The Florida Taino Tribal Members Need Your
- From Beverly Carey Torres, 1 March 1999. The Taino
Inter-Tribal Council responds to appeal from Bimini Florida
regarding desecration of Taino burial grounds there.
- (Florida AIM) proud tradition of confronting,
challenging and exposing genocidal glorification
- From A-Info News Service, 11 September 1999. The dominant
society memorializes the slaughter of the Ais, Timucua,
Tekesta, and Calusa peoples by Pedro Menendez.
- Digging unearths old structures
- Detroit Free Press, 7 June
2002. Archaeologists said Thursday they have discovered
the longest and oldest canals ever found in North America,
a system of channels dug by Indians with wood and shell
tools 1,800 years ago near Lake Okeechobee.